Harmonium et Anches Libres

AccueilAccueil  CalendrierCalendrier  FAQFAQ  RechercherRechercher  MembresMembres  GroupesGroupes  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  

Partagez | 

Deboins ???

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2
AuteurMessage
Bastien Milanese
Admin

Masculin Nombre de messages : 1299

MessageSujet: Re: Deboins ???   Mar 20 Déc 2011 - 8:39

The blue paper - with the glue - allows a perfect sealing with the wood (which is naturally porous).
For my part, I use Canson's kraft paper : http://www.lateliercanson.com/fr_fr/canson-papier-kraft-70-gm-rouleau.html

I leave others to answer for the rest...
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur https://soundcloud.com/bastien-milanese
Olivier Schmitt
Admin

Masculin Nombre de messages : 1165

MessageSujet: Re: Deboins ???   Mar 20 Déc 2011 - 10:20

As indicated exactly by Bastien, the blue paper, stuck with a mixture of water and flour, is of use to the waterproofness of the wood. If it is very damaged, it is necessary to remove it, to block holes and to restick it as originally.

As for the wooden piece, if you do not see its utility for the moment, it had to necessarily have one of it! By caution, I would let this element ready in position.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://olivierschmitt.free.fr
organist

Masculin Nombre de messages : 21

MessageSujet: Re: Deboins ???   Mer 21 Déc 2011 - 18:59

Bastien, Olivier, thank you! I have already nice paper. Now I'm looking for a skin.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://www.concertorganist.eu
Mathieu

Masculin Nombre de messages : 1021

MessageSujet: Re: Deboins ???   Mer 21 Déc 2011 - 19:05

Skin should be white goat skin for bellows... About the thickness, I don't know... Around 1mm... if it's just for local repairs, thinner, perhaps ?
Don't forget to have the egdes thinned, to glue with "animal" glue, etc.

About the strange piece on the reservoir, it might have been part of a gauge indicating the reservoir level...
organist

MessageSujet: Re: Deboins ???   Jeu 22 Déc 2011 - 15:50

Mathieu a écrit:
Skin should be white goat skin for bellows... About the thickness, I don't know... Around 1mm... if it's just for local repairs, thinner, perhaps ?
Don't forget to have the egdes thinned, to glue with "animal" glue, etc.

About the strange piece on the reservoir, it might have been part of a gauge indicating the reservoir level...

Oh, there will be problems with the thin goat skin...

Also I'm afraid, that the violet seal must also be completed/repaired. It's partly squeezed and compressed. I don't know, what the material is, and how can I supplemented it without full exchange. I read somewhere on the forum, that it's possible to use the rubber gasket of the fridge (but it seems be a joke Smile )

organist

MessageSujet: Re: Deboins ???   Ven 20 Jan 2012 - 15:58

It seems that the process of reconstruction is slowly coming to an end. I replaced all seals, and now the sound is much better, than two months ago.
I recorded small improvising prelude which can be downloaded from my site with organ music - it is here: music for harmonium.
I played it on:

(Bass)
Contrebasse (with 2 Bourdon) 16'
Melophone 8'
3 Clairon 4'

(Discant)
Baryton 32'
Voix Celeste (with 2 Clarinette) 16'
4 Hautbois 8'
3 Fifre 4'
Harpe Eolienne (with 5 Musette) 16'

So, it's "quasi Tutti", but, if I'll use all stops, the pressure will be too low. Anyway, I don't know, how difficult is to play on all available stops on well-functioning harmonium.

I'm curious about a problem with pressure:

When I use only discant stops only and play on discant scale, everything is OK. But when I add 2-3 bass stops, and still will play in discant ONLY, the air will be go out much more. Why? No "bass" reeds are used, so, what is the way the air is going out? The seal on the dashboard is new and doesn't pass the air. If I put non-used bass stops out, the pressure will be OK again.

NB It was a mistake on my website, so it was impossible to download the mp3 file. Now is OK.

Dernière édition par organist le Mar 24 Jan 2012 - 19:51, édité 2 fois
Mathieu

Masculin Nombre de messages : 1021

MessageSujet: Re: Deboins ???   Sam 21 Jan 2012 - 10:39

It is more than likely that you have a wind problem !
About the basses, I would tend to think that a de-pressurization valve (or more) may not close properly. So, when you open a bass stop, the air leaks from the stop case to the atmosphere. You can verify this easily by closing the valve(s) and trying the same experiment. If so, I don't know what to do. Perhaps having them permanently closed could be a begining, waiting ti find the proper leather to make it (them) anew.

It is also possible that you have a "diffuse leak" over all the bass pallets. I'm currently curing such a problem with a suction instrument. You might not hear any cypher, but the air is still leaking in good quantity, and you don't know where...
organist

MessageSujet: Re: Deboins ???   Mar 24 Jan 2012 - 20:04

Mathieu a écrit:
It is more than likely that you have a wind problem !
About the basses, I would tend to think that a de-pressurization valve (or more) may not close properly. So, when you open a bass stop, the air leaks from the stop case to the atmosphere. You can verify this easily by closing the valve(s) and trying the same experiment. If so, I don't know what to do. Perhaps having them permanently closed could be a begining, waiting ti find the proper leather to make it (them) anew.

It is also possible that you have a "diffuse leak" over all the bass pallets. I'm currently curing such a problem with a suction instrument. You might not hear any cypher, but the air is still leaking in good quantity, and you don't know where...

Yes, Mathieu, this is a problem... I am not sure where the air goes. But I even hear it! I tried to find the leak with incense smoke etc., but it was unsuccessful.

Also I have problem with "1 Flute" in discant. A lot of reeds start to play in 3-4 seconds after touching the key, even if the pressure is very high. And some are playing stark and precisely, some other - silently and with delay. Maybe it's because of non-hermetic installation of reeds. I found somewhere on accordion forum that the reeds must be be sealed with wax filling. Maybe the air goes not through the reeds, but around it......

I repaired a mistake with my website - it was impossible to download the music.
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Deboins ???   Aujourd'hui à 9:33

Deboins ???
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 2 sur 2Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2